2147 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julia_Volkonesk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d like to know how to set up automation for choosing only two concrete collaborators in rotation when new records appear?

I tried to choose the trigger as like When a record matches conditions and then in actions I chose ‘Airtable record ID’ in the Record ID and typed both names with a comma in the field Collaborator but it didn’t work. Do I need to replace trigger or an error in actions?

3 Replies 3

Hm, could you try putting in the emails of the two collaborators separated by a comma?
Screen Recording 2022-10-17 at 9.34.14 PM

I’m not too sure what you mean when you say “in rotation” honestly, so apologies if I’ve misunderstood the problem

‘in rotation’ I mean to alternate two definite collaborators so that new records will be filled in with their names by default

Ah okay. I’m not sure if you need help with the alternation bit, but on the off chance you do, I think I’d try creating an autonumber field and then creating a formula field to check whether it was even or odd

Then I’d get the automation to run conditionally, so if it was even it’d give it to Person 1 and if it was odd it’d give it to Person 2