Help

Re: How to submit different forms to different emails?

2226 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GO_group
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi!
We currently have various order forms in Airtable. What we are trying to do is have all forms, when filled out, sent to one email. Besides, for one form should be sent to a different Email. What we have now is that all forms when submitted go to the same place. We are trying to change that.

If anyone can assist us on this matter we would greatly appreciate it.
Awaiting your reply,
Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Hey there!

Welcome to the Airtable community!

One way is to create an Automation with When a form is submitted Trigger, then choose your specific table, and form.
For the Action, choose Send an Email, then input the email address you need in the To field and all the other info.

You can set up multiple Automations per form.

2021-12-27_14h37_15

2021-12-27_14h37_23

Thank You Hannah for your helpful reply.
What we are trying to do now is actually sending the form to this email not only a notification.

Awaiting your reply,
Thank you.

You bet. So are you trying to send the actual form link to an email or are you trying to send all entries from each form to an email?

The scenario above sends an actual email to someone once the form is completed. With this, you can add all the info from the form entry into the Message field to be sent in the email. I just didn’t include that in my example.

You’ll just click the blue + in the Message box and add the fields from your form.

2021-12-27_18h35_47

Thank You for your reply.
What we are trying to do is when this specific form is filled out, the whole form automatically gets submitted to a specific email. (NOT the same Email that the other forms go to)

Hope this clarified further.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks again.

Yes, this is exactly what this Automation will do. You’ll need to set up a 2nd automation for the other form.

Set up an automation and choose the ‘When Form is submitted’ trigger and choose the form you need.

In the Actions step, choose Send an email.

In the Message box, you’ll add a placeholder for each field from the form using the blue + button. These placeholders will be automatically filled when a new form is submitted. It will then be emailed to whatever email you entered in the To field when a new form is submitted.

Here’s info from Airtable on how to set up Automations plus how to use the specific Trigger and Action I listed.

Thanks that was very helpful. But we still don’t see the form in the inbox. Only a notification like the attached
Screenshot 2021-12-28 125337
. Only a notification like the attached

Lauren_Fagen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If you use gmail, the best way to do this is as follows:

On your main gmail account, go to settings gear on the top right, click see all settings. Click Forwarding and POP tab. Add a forwarding address that would you like the forms to go to. The person who owns the other email will receive an email where they have to verify that this is ok, so have them do that. Then, on your main Gmail, go to the Filters and Blocked addresses tab in the settings.

Create a new filter accordingly. I like to just put “contains the words Airtable forms” but you can make it more specific if you want. Then click Create Filter (not search). Check off the boxes you like (I do “mark as read” so I don’t see it, plus “forward to” so it moves on). It works great.