1263 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chachie_Pabalan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We’re trying to create an automation in Airtable that sends an email from Gmail.

Is there a way to hyperlink text with a URL that’s generated by a formula field?

Basically each email that sends out will contain a unique URL that’s hyperlinked.

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Chachie_Pabalan!

Unfortunately, this is not possible in Airtable. :frowning: I would recommend emailing support@airtable.com to ask them to please support this feature. All of my Airtable consulting clients are in desperate need of this, too.

The workaround for all of us is to use a professional automation platform like Integromat for all of automation needs.

(Note that I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert consultant to help you with it, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.)

Forest_Miller
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was struggling with a similar issue, and found a useful workaround:

Create a Button field instead of a Formula field and insert your formula in the “URL formula” section. Insert the button field into your email automation however you like, and it should create a clickable URL in button form.

Hope this helps someone!

This thread is from a long time ago, when automations were just a few months old.

Formula fields that result in URLs work properly now.

Formula fields that result in URLs work with markdown syntax, and depending on your receiving email client, they will also work when inserted on their own into an email as well.