cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruben_Rossvold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Images to make it easier to understand.

When a record gets the single select category “Investment from private”, this automation triggers.
This is synced directly from my business bank account every day.
Uten navn

This is the record i want to update:

Thought i had it covered with this automation:

Buuuuut the automation overwrites the linked records instead of adding to the end of it.

Is there any simpler way to deal with this? Do i have to use a script instead? This is for a client that deals with tons of transactions and i have to make a separate table categorizing cashflow.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruben_Rossvold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Found a solution that works if i edit each transaction at a time.

I basically had do add a find record to be able to refer to something inside the Cashflow table. Impossible to do from the trigger event because that only exists within the transaction table.

That or i didn’t understand how to do it :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Had to also add 2 if and one else statements also in order to work in all available conditions.

Think i might just solve this with a script next time as i’m adept at Javascript :nerd_face:

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7

When updating the linked record field:

Insert the new value, then type a comma, then insert the pre-existing field.

This was my immediate train of thought but i don’t see an option for that.
How can i get the table that’s getting updated to show up when i click the “+” button?

After clicking on the + sign:

On the left, you have to choose which step you’re pulling the data from.

What i’m pulling from does not have the existing data available, only what i’m writing to has that. So how do i get that available?

On your “update record” step, for the “Transactions” field (which is the field you’re trying to update), choose “Transactions” (which is the name of the field that you are updating).

In other words: put the field within itself.

Ruben_Rossvold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Found a solution that works if i edit each transaction at a time.

I basically had do add a find record to be able to refer to something inside the Cashflow table. Impossible to do from the trigger event because that only exists within the transaction table.

That or i didn’t understand how to do it :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Had to also add 2 if and one else statements also in order to work in all available conditions.

Think i might just solve this with a script next time as i’m adept at Javascript :nerd_face:

loukas
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello @ScottWorld ! Is this very elegant and simple solution still available? I understand exactly what you mean but I can not find the field I am updating available in the options to put it in.. 
It is only the two steps right? The trigger and the update field one - there isn't a third one between them or anything?