I am trying to automate the following process: when a file is uploaded to a specific Dropbox folder, a new record is created in Airtable with the file attached. This works fine, but there is no preview in Airtable. I have created the following automation in Make (formerly Integromat):
Here are the details of each step:
Below is what is seen in Airtable. As you can see, no preview is shown.
I have already done some troubleshooting myself:
- I have tried uploading manually. This works fine and a preview shows up.
- I checked the limitations in Airtable's documentation: the image is not more than 1 million pixels.
- The image is uploaded to Airtable as .png, and not as a .zip file.
- I currently use Chrome, and I have tried using Safari as well.
- I have added another contributor to the Workspace, and they cannot see the preview either.
The error message I see is: "Previews for this filetype are not available".
Does anyone know a solution to this? If I cannot get the previews to work, or find a work-around/bodge, then we cannot use Airtable for this.