1105 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahmorana13
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

To send automated emails to multiple contacts at once, we insert a rollup list of email addresses (associated with a parent item) to the BCC field of the email automation. Since the data we are sending is sensitive, we don't want recipients knowing who else has received this email.

I've noticed that the entire automation will fail due to an "invalid email address" (email is typed correctly with no extra spaces, commas, or semicolons). Since the automation is BCCing ~20-30 different email addresses, one "invalid email address" causes the email to fail for ALL recipients. 

After investigating a bit further, some of the "invalid email addresses" are actually coming back invalid. How is Airtable assessing the email addresses before sending an email? I would assume that it would send, then I would recieve a "post-master failure" email in return (acknowledging the error). 

Does anyone know how Airtable is able to qualify email addresses before they are sent? Thank you!

3 Replies 3

I'm not sure, but there is a process called email verification that Airtable must be using.

Al_B
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Same problem, this is incredibly annoying. Worse yet, the email is actually valid and I'm communicating w/ this person daily.

Does the email address have an underscore in it? Airtable seems to have some sporadic problems with underscores. 

In the meantime, I’ve got most of my Airtable consulting clients using Make for their automations.

Make is highly reliable, and it is more customizable, more powerful, and significantly more controllable than Airtable’s Automations. And you never have the risk of running out of automations or automation runs.

I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277