487 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven_McCarty
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there! I'm struggling to set up the right combination of forms/tables/automations to get a particular process to work. 

I'm doing a 3 part survey and each part of the survey is a separate form in Airtable. Surveys are going to be shared in parts and each survey is meant to build off of the previous survey. All the forms are built using what I've labeled "Overview" which contains all the fields which are being used to ask questions between the three forms. 

What I'm trying to do is have each form roll up dynamically to the overview table without any manual effort from our team. I created linked fields between the tables and have attempted to use those link fields to update records stored from the previous survey. 

Survey one is a cold survey. So the vendors we're reaching out to would share their information and then be sent to survey two. For survey two, I want them to be able to select the record they just created by completing survey one and have the information all flow back to the overview table. After completing survey 2, they're sent survey 3 and I would again like them to be able to select the record they created in survey 1 and updated in survey 2, to be updated in the overview table. By the end of the process, I'd like all of the information from the three separate forms to flow back to the overview. 

TL;DR: I'm trying to build 3 separate forms that collect different fields but send them all to the same table, link up, and allow the vendor to build/update their own "profile" as they complete each subsequent section. 

2 Replies 2
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Steven,

My first thought is to create 2 additional tables to hold the results of survey 2 & survey 3.  You can then use an automation to update your Overview table when a new record is created in either of those 2 tables.  You would want to use the same primary key in all 3 tables, such as email, and have that field be present on all 3 forms.

If you want to talk about this further or if you ever need additional help, please schedule some time with me.  Here's my Calendly link: https://calendly.com/d/zx6-sb9-86x/20-minute-help-meeting

Jody

When doing a redirect on form submit, you can use the {record_id} option to get the record ID of the form that was just submitted, and so you could have each survey linked to each other like you mentioned automatically instead of getting the user to do it, no automations needed.  I've provided a demo here that you can check out

From there, assuming you wanted to display it all in one record, you could create lookups of lookups to achieve what you're trying to do like so:

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 6.22.26 PM.png

It'd get pretty messy pretty fast though.

Do you have to have all the fields in the 'Overview' table?