Help

Re: Link to Airtable form with pre-filled data in automated email does not open on mobile device

Solved
Jump to Solution
839 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lauren_S
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a formula field that creates a URL from a form, with pre-filled data.

We are sending this URL link via an automated email.

When someone receives the link on a mobile device and tries to open it, they land on the Airtable site and are asked to sign up. It does not display the form in a browser.This is not an issue on a computer.

How do we fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lauren_S

Well, we realized that I have the Airtable app installed on my phone, so it was simultaneously opening a new Chrome tab and the Airtable app and prompting me to sign in. I removed the app and it’s fine.

But it’s still odd that it does that when I’m just trying to open a URL.

Thanks for responding!

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

I am not seeing this behavior. I get the same pre-fill form action on both desktop & mobile.

Make sure that you haven’t accidentally enabled the option at the bottom of the form that says “Collect respondent email addresses”. Note that this option works the same on both mobile & desktop.

No, I don’t have that selected. I am using markup in the email automation so the text in the email shows as “Respond Now” and it is hyperlinked to the URL.

We just discovered that this is an issue on my Google Pixel 3XL but not on my partner’s Pixel 6.

Lauren_S

Well, we realized that I have the Airtable app installed on my phone, so it was simultaneously opening a new Chrome tab and the Airtable app and prompting me to sign in. I removed the app and it’s fine.

But it’s still odd that it does that when I’m just trying to open a URL.

Thanks for responding!

Interesting. It must be redirecting ANY Airtable link to the app, which is not the desired behavior. This doesn’t happen on my iPhone, and it only happens on one of your phones, so you may want to report this to support@airtable.com so they can look into this.