1309 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evan_Komar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Trying to build a tracker to keep track of new features being released and which client/groups have been notified of the new feature.

Table 1 is called “Features” which will have all new features added.
Table 2 is called “Client Groups” which have all the clients added.

I ideally want to link Features and Client Groups in a way that every time I add in a new Feature, all of the Client Groups would be nested/grouped beneath on a separate row.

Looking like this:

Feature 1

• Client 1
  • Client 2
  • Client 3…

Feature 2

• Client 1
  • Client 2
  • Client 3…

That way I can set up columns that I can check off for each client that received a notification of each respective feature

Ideally, every time I add in a new feature, that nested grouping of Client Groups beneath would just automatically happen

6 Replies 6

Welcome to the community, @Evan_Komar!

You can achieve this by creating a 3rd table which is a “junction table”. This table acts as the “intersection” between clients & features. You would do all of your grouping and checkmarking in that table.

This is called a many-to-many relationship, and is explained here:

Thank you! I was hoping to be able to have each “Client Group” nested or grouped as a separate row under each “Feature” but I’m not sure how to do that still…

Right, you would do that in your new 3rd table.

But in the third table, would I manually have to select the Feature in one column and then select the Client Group in another column multiple times?

So for example it would look something like, where I’m manually selecting all of these:
Feature 1 - Client 1
Feature 1 - Client 2
Feature 1 - Client 3…
Feature 2 - Client 1
Feature 2 - Client 2
Feature 3 - Client 3…

Or is there a way to have a feature paired with a client group on a different row without having to select them all manually?

Right, that’s how it’s done. But you can do the data entry from any of the 3 tables… you don’t have to do the data entry from the 3rd table. Your 3rd table will always be used for the grouping, though.

Thanks for your help. I’m not sure if this is the solution for me though because I’ll have >40 different clients that will need to have their own line with each new feature that is added