Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Making Airtable up to date from JIRA.

1022 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NLOIA
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have two tables in airtable from the same project in JIRA.

1 - Named: "Aurora EPICS [NL]".
I made an export (.CSV) from JIRA and uploaded it in Airtable.
All registers (139) and its columns (288) was uploaded: I want to update these registers from now on, adding new registers when they created in JIRA and update existent registers when they modified in JIRA. Is it possible?  How?

2 - Named "Aurora EPICs - [JQL]".
I used the extension "Jira Cloud" (by Airtable) and obtained the same 139 registers but with less columns, only 11.

Four doubts:
A - Can automatize the connection between AirTable and JIRA in the table #1.
B - Can I bring more columns to the "Aurora EPICs - [JQL]" table?
C - I trying to use Automations in both case. Is it possible?  If yes, how?
D - I'm also trying to use Zapier. Is it a good idea?

(for doubts or more details, just answer me back)
Thank you all in advance.

5 Replies 5
Sachin_19
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have two tables in Airtable from the same project in JIRA.

1 - Named: "Aurora EPICS [NL]".
I made an export (.CSV) from JIRA and uploaded it to Airtable.
All registers (139) and their columns (288) were uploaded: I want to update these registers from now on, adding new registers when they are created in JIRA and updating existing registers when they are modified in JIRA. Is it possible? How?

Growwstacks Reply: Yes, we can do a real-time sync between JIRA and Airtable.

I created a test automation scenario to explain it. Watch this short video demo: loom video

2 - Named "Aurora EPICs - [JQL]".
I used the extension "Jira Cloud" (by Airtable) and obtained the same 139 registers but with less columns, only 11.

I think there is some sync issue with the extension. We can try doing it with Make.com or Zapier.

Four doubts:
A - Can automatize the connection between AirTable and JIRA in table #1.
Growwstacks Reply: Yes

B - Can I bring more columns to the "Aurora EPICs - [JQL]" table?

C - I trying to use Automation in both cases. Is it possible? If yes, how?

D - I'm also trying to use Zapier. Is it a good idea?
Growwstacks Reply: Zapier gives you 7500 tasks for USD 30 per month. There is a very good alternative available i.e. Make.com that gives 10000 tasks for USD 10 per month. HUGE price difference. If you want to create an account with Make then use the following link and get 10000 operations free.

Make Gold Partner 

Sachin_19

Hello 

I am from Growwstacks Automation Solutions. We are Gold Partners with make.com and Automation Experts, and we've created 20+ custom apps and delivered over 500 automation projects in the last 12 months. We've worked for Make Technical Support and solved over 5000+ technical issues & complex cases.

Happy to help you build your dream automation and scale your business.

Let's Schedule the call and discuss this in more detail. I look forward to talking to you and your team should they join us.

We can help you with your integrations, implementations, support, improvement, training, and services and you can also learn along the way!

Thanks and Regards
Sachin  
GrowwStacks Automation Solutions 

Please let me know if any further information is required, 

NLOIA
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you Sachin_19 !

Unfortunately I cannot assume costs for my company.
At first I need to explore all free possibilities.

Best regards.

Unito

If you want a free solution, Zapier works for up to 100 tasks per month. If you can keep your usage below that, you're good to go. 

When you're ready for a paid solution, here's a guide on how to sync Airtable bases to Jira projects with Unito. It comes with a free trial, so you can see if you like it! 

You can read more about Unito here.