Help

Re: Match tables via multiple select; show all entries of other table with same tag

594 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RFsimp
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I am new to Airtable and have a question. I have two tables, each with the same column (multiple select) for "Technology". Specifically, it is about funding programmes and investment measures. In the table of investment measures I would like to have all funding programmes displayed in one column, which have one of the same technology tags. (e.g. a funding programme has the tags "digitalisation" and "business financing", and the measure (online shop) also has "digitalisation" as a tag, so the funding programme should be displayed there in the column).

Can it be done via an IF function or something else?

3 Replies 3

I think you can accomplish this by converting your multiple select field into a linked field, so you'd end up with a new table called "Technology" with all the records linked

From there, you could use lookup fields to display all the funding programmes that have X tag for example

RFsimp

Thank you very much!
As written, I am new to this, but of course it makes sense to implement it that way.
The allocation fits so far, but of course funding programmes that have multiple technology tags are now listed multiple times for measures with the same (multiple) tags.
Could I specify that a programme is only listed once? Is this possible within a "Link to other field" or should I create a new column next to it?

RFsimp

After some research I think that is a bug in Airtabel (duplicates in look up fields) 😕

I used the workaround via an Automation feature, the use of the recordIDs and Rollup-(ARRAYUNIQUE(values)) to create an unique list of programs.