Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Monthly Cash flow table

458 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nerijus_akpa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to create a cash flow table for a month, where the beginning of the month balance automatically or with the help of a formula gets data from the end-of-month balance of the previous month.

Manually entered at the beginning of January "beginning of the month", all the rest is automatic.
And so on for all months.
I have tried to do this with a formula, but unfortunately with no success.
I need your help 🙂

1 Reply 1

Hmm, maybe try:
1. Create a formula field that will output last month's name + year in each record
  - E.g. for the record "Februrary 24", have a field that outputs "January 24"
2. Create a formula field that will output the first day of each month for each record
  - E.g. for the record "Februrary 24", have a field that outputs the date "1 Februrary 24"
3. Create an automation that will trigger when the value from the formula field from step 2 = Today
4. Give the automation a "Find Record" step to look for the record with the same "Name" value as the field from step 1, thus finding the previous month's record
5. Give the automation an "Update Record" step, and use the data from the "Find Record" action to paste the previous month's balance into the "Beginning of the month" field

Seems overly complicated though; hopefully someone else has a simpler solution!