3340 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n8atkinson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello. I am trying to send Gmail attachments I receive automatically to an attachments column in Airtable. I finally realized that Airtable wants the URL in array form, which I can do. However, I have not figured out how to use the array functions toArray, map, or add to append the files instead of overwriting and keeping the last one. I have searched and read numerous posts in both the Make and Airtable communities. This is my most recent attempt at make.com.

n8atkinson_0-1698651773034.png

My ultimate goal is to allow students to email their attachments and have them appear in the portal I built with Softr.

I feel like I am so close. Thank you.

Grand Valley Tutor llc
13 Replies 13

I’m assuming that Filestack is giving you a publicly-accessible URL that has these 2 properties:
(1) The URL can be accessed by the general public on the web without logging into Filestack, and
(2) The URL points to the actual file itself, not a webpage that acts as a UI wrapper for the file.

Assuming that both of those statements are true, then the solution is a very easy & simple fix.

You simply need to change your Array Aggregator’s topmost dropdown menu to point to the iterator module instead of the Filestack module.

That’s it. Leave everything else alone.

That should solve the problem, so that’s the end of the instructions.

However, if you want to know WHY this solves the problem, here’s why:

The reason this works is because you only want your Aggregator to run once, not 3 times.

Notice that your Aggregator module has a bubble that says 3 instead of 1. That means that you actually created 3 arrays instead of 1 array.

In fact, several of your modules are running 3 times. Starting at your Filestack module, each module is running 3 times in a row. Each module is running “3 times with 1 bundle output per run”, instead of running “1 time with 3 bundle outputs”.

The Array Aggregator needs to run on multiple bundle outputs, not multiple runs. So you still want the aggregator to start at the iterator, even though you have a Filestack module before it.

That’s because the Aggregator has a special & magical property which causes it to bundle together (as one bundle) everything that comes between it and the source module that you specify… as long as that source module only runs “once with multiple outputs”, not “multiple runs with one output per run”.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

@n8atkinson 

p.s. If you don’t mind, could you please mark my comments above as the solutions to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question in the future, because it will rise to the top of the search results. 🙂 

Damned!!! I was looking for these infos since a while!!! so many thanks. 

But I have some issues and I really dont understand why my scenario dint work.

The scenario is a Midjourney automation. I put an extra step with google drive because link from discord cant be upload in Airtable, so I need this extra step.

The problem is, when you look at the array agregator, it send a bundle with 4 arrays....but in Airtable, in URL, I just have [collection],[collection],[collection],[collection] and no image ofc! 

lefuturdelasant_0-1714553002591.png

lefuturdelasant_1-1714553018930.png

What am I missing?  this thing is driving me crazy! 

here is the scenario:

lefuturdelasant_2-1714553170548.png