Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ayushi_D_Lal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey, People!

I have two tables- Table 1 & Table 2

So I need the data from Table 2 to be automatically pulled into Table 1, once it has been marked verified.

Will the IF function work here? or is there any other way? Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rose_K
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hello and welcome to the Community @Ayushi_D_Lal!

One possible way to do what you are looking to accomplish would be to use automations functionality. Automations work by creating a trigger , that when triggered, will do a corresponding action.

So for your case I’d recommend:

1. creating a trigger that will be activated when “When a record matches conditions” with the condition being that the record in Table 1 has been marked as verified.
  2. The corresponding action would then be to “Create a record” in Table 2 using the information from the record that triggered the automation in Table 1.

Note the above automation won’t work for existing records on your table, but it will work for any records that match your condition going forward (when you turn your automation on). If you ever find yourself needed a more complicated trigger- I’d recommend checking out the “When record enters a view”.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Rose_K
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hello and welcome to the Community @Ayushi_D_Lal!

One possible way to do what you are looking to accomplish would be to use automations functionality. Automations work by creating a trigger , that when triggered, will do a corresponding action.

So for your case I’d recommend:

1. creating a trigger that will be activated when “When a record matches conditions” with the condition being that the record in Table 1 has been marked as verified.
  2. The corresponding action would then be to “Create a record” in Table 2 using the information from the record that triggered the automation in Table 1.

Note the above automation won’t work for existing records on your table, but it will work for any records that match your condition going forward (when you turn your automation on). If you ever find yourself needed a more complicated trigger- I’d recommend checking out the “When record enters a view”.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

Thanks, Rose! :slightly_smiling_face:

This worked.