Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Need help with Field Update Automation

Solved
Jump to Solution
677 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rahmanberrada
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey all, 

I have a table which is a  synced report from Salesforce that shows me opportunities coming up for renewal. 

I also created a different table with the same fields but is populated from the Salesforce report "SFDC Renewals Report" via automation: When condition is met (opportunity ID is not empty) - then create record in the second table "AE<>RAE Worksheet". 

My issue is that we moved accounts around in Salesforce and now some accounts have a different Renewal Account Executive or Sales Person. 

I cannot figure out how to automate the update of that Renewal Account Executive field in the "AE<>RAE Worksheet" to match the one in the synced salesforce report. 

Any help is greatly appreciatedScreenshot 2024-08-22 at 6.19.50 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-22 at 6.20.44 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-22 at 6.20.51 PM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DisraeliGears01
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ah, I didn't notice how you were working across tables.

The issue is your update automation can't identify the records in the AE Worksheet, because the trigger is referring to an Airtable Record ID in the SFDC table. You need to add a "Find Records" step that matches the records in the tables. 

I've attached a screenshot of a similar one I'm using to correlate a registrations table with a contacts table. For your instance, the trigger ids a record in SFDC. Then for Find, you say "Find records in AE where Opportunity Name = Opportunity Name from IDed record in SFDC". Now the automation knows the record it needs to edit in the AE table, and you use the Record ID output from the Find action in the Record ID field for your update action. 

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
DisraeliGears01
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Your issue may be the Record ID field in the second screenshot. Rather than your "Opportunity ID" it should probably be the Airtable Record ID, which is identified in the trigger. That problem would also result in weird looking Record ID displayed in screenshot 3. 

Yeap @DisraeliGears01 's got it right

Here's a screenshot of how to select it:

Update record.png

Rahmanberrada

I tried that but then I get "The Record Doesn't Exist". 

I then went and looked up the Airtable Record ID for both and they don't match since it's not duplicating the record but creating a new one. 

Below is the original automation to create a record in the AE<>RAE tab from the SFDC report when "record matched conditions" as "Opportunity Id" is not empty. 

In this case, should I have not have it create a record but simply have it duplicated in the AE<>RAE Tab? That way it would have the same Airtable ID ?

DisraeliGears01
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ah, I didn't notice how you were working across tables.

The issue is your update automation can't identify the records in the AE Worksheet, because the trigger is referring to an Airtable Record ID in the SFDC table. You need to add a "Find Records" step that matches the records in the tables. 

I've attached a screenshot of a similar one I'm using to correlate a registrations table with a contacts table. For your instance, the trigger ids a record in SFDC. Then for Find, you say "Find records in AE where Opportunity Name = Opportunity Name from IDed record in SFDC". Now the automation knows the record it needs to edit in the AE table, and you use the Record ID output from the Find action in the Record ID field for your update action. 

Thank you so much!!!