cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cshenoy86
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on an automation project where I'm facing a challenge with embedding images into a Google Slides presentation. I am using Make to lift the images from airtable and replace the placeholders in Google Slides template. I am able to pull in all the text information but have hit a roadblock with the image embedding part.

Here is the issue:
* I have a Google Slides presentation with placeholders for images.
* My Integromat scenario successfully retrieves image URLs from an Airtable base.
* The URLs are accessible and lead to a download option for a `.png` image when opened in a browser.
* However, these images are not being uploaded or embedded into the Google Slides presentation.

Sharing a screenshot of my Make scenario.

cshenoy86_0-1705312623073.png

This is the template

cshenoy86_1-1705312662539.png

And here is the settings of Upload Image module

cshenoy86_2-1705312687626.png

The url that I obtain from the previous module looks like this

cshenoy86_3-1705312715776.png

It seems the URLs might not be in a format that Google Slides can embed directly, possibly because they initiate a download rather than displaying the image directly in the browser. Any advice on how to approach this? Alternatively if anyone has tips on URL manipulation within Make/Airtable , please do share your suggestions. Is there a formula to retrieve a image url with a filename at its end?

Thanks in advance.

cshenoy
10 Replies 10
cshenoy86
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Yes, certainly! 

cshenoy