cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicx
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!

We need help with a script or automation that duplicates an invoice/record from an interface view and opens it in a new window to be edited.

We have an "Invoices 2024 Table" that is linked to our "Projects" table and "Invoice Lines 2024" table.
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 11.42.01 PM.png

Our interface for the Invoices looks like this.
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 11.46.20 PM.png

I've been able to get some scripts from ChatGPT to duplicate the record and open it in a new window that pass the coding tests, but when I click the button on the interface, nothing happens.

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 Replies 4

Hm, I don't think you can open windows / tabs or redirect the user to another page via scripts I'm afraid.  You could probably do a workaround where you have one button that duplicates it the invoice and then another button that brings the user to the duplicated invoice though!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@nicx 

You can’t open or control windows from Airtable, unless you install 3rd-party window-controlling apps on your computer, along with a webhook controller like Make.

I give an entire demonstration on how to control your computer from Airtable in this Airtable podcast episode: https://youtu.be/L0DmaVNfKdI?list=PLqssva4liHRwHhQIpTXekG8WObEoyC2F1

Outside of that, your best bet is to simply have your automation automatically put the URL to the invoice in an Airtable field after it has created the invoice for you, and then your users can simply click on the link to open the invoice in another window.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Hi @ScottWorld thank you for your detailed response!

We are having issues duplicating an invoice for it to be updated as well.  Here is a video that covers our pain points.  Is what we are looking to do possible?

Hi @nicx, Yes all of that is possible in Airtable, except for your final question in the video which we talked about above: you can't force somebody's window to switch to another invoice without them taking some sort of manual action on their end.