Re: No-code solution for a feedback system with Airtable

676 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been requested to implement a feedback system for a local business which has several store locations, I want to investigate if a no-code solution with Airtable could do it, possibly using also other platforms linked to it.

The "system" should be able to:

1. Have a Form to collect User's personal data (the sign-up to our system), with a prefilled field (which is the specific store name, which is linked to a hidden Store UID <store_uid>) and assign a User UID to that person.
  2. Automate sending a "welcome email" with their User UID
  3. Create Feedback Forms, and on creation:
    1. Create an entry in a database for each User UID with 2 flags set to `false`: <collected> and <completed>.
    2. Send to all the Users an email with a form with only 1 text field which when filled with the <store_uid> linked to that User in the database, when submitted will set the <collected> flag to `true`.
    3. X days later (7 days) send an email with a link to the new Feedback Form to the Users that have the <collected> flag to `true`.
  4. Collect the data of those Feedback Forms and link the answers to the each User UID. When answered set the <completed> flag of that form for that user to `true`.

Steps 3 and 4 are repeated every 2-3 weeks, and should be automated based on the creation of Feeback Forms.

3 Replies 3

Yeah, you could do this all within Airtable for sure

> Have a Form to collect User's personal data (the sign-up to our system), with a prefilled field (which is the specific store name, which is linked to a hidden Store UID <store_uid>) and assign a User UID to that person.
Is this referring to a hidden linked field in a form?  Note that users can modify the URL to display hidden fields, and as such could potentially view all the records from said linked field

A workaround would be to prefill a text field and use an automation to link the records together based on the prefilled value

Thank you for you answer.

Is this referring to a hidden linked field in a form?  Note that users can modify the URL to display hidden fields, and as such could potentially view all the records from said linked field

Yes, my question in that if there is an better alternative than to append prefill_ parameters in the URL of the forms, since as you stated the user could modify that URL and "break" the logic. This however is not something I worry about too much, since many websites rely on this type of query parameters and people don't usually modify them.

A workaround would be to prefill a text field and use an automation to link the records together based on the prefilled value

Do you mean prefill the field of all the entries in the database of each form? Where would you suggest using this workaround?

> if there is an better alternative than to append prefill_ parameters in the URL of the forms
Not that I can think of, no.  If you used a third party service like Softr they have hidden form fields that don't show up in the URL, but you'd then need to create one form per service?

> Do you mean prefill the field of all the entries in the database of each form?
Nah, I mean instead of having a hidden linked field, have a hidden single line text field that contains either the store name or the user's UUID

> Where would you suggest using this workaround?
Any place where you want to use a linked field in a form but are also worried about users being able to see all the records in a linked table