992 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcelo_de_Alme
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to do that with Airtable’s automations? I find that our users don’t usually check their Airtable notifications.

5 Replies 5

Hi @Marcelo_de_Almeida and welcome to the community!

As far as I know, Airtable doesn’t let you push those kind of messages. You could ask your users to switch the “email” notification on.

That’s a great idea from @Databaser above! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: :raised_hands:

Your only other solution for this would be to setup your own Slack notification system which would not have anything to do with comments on a record. For example, you could setup a field to tag people on a record, and then use lookup fields & formula fields to translate those people’s names into Slack usernames (which it would pull from another table). Then, you could setup an Airtable automation to post to Slack from there using a formula field that has the usernames embedded in it. This would take a few hours to setup, so I can’t guide you through the entire process here. If you need to hire a consultant to help you with this, please feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com.

Marcelo_de_Alme
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you, @Databaser and @ScottWorld! But I would rather request and wait for a feature that does this, as it seems to be pretty standard functionality for a Slack integration and apps like Process Street have it by default.
Is this the right place to request a feature?

Hi @Marcelo_de_Almeida I am not sure where to post feature requests that actually gets noticed by Airtable dev. I think the issue here is that Airtable does not give users API access to the data in the comments and revision history section of a record. We too have been requesting this feature for some time now.

Airtable staff doesn’t read our posts here, so I would recommend sending an email to support@airtable.com to request this.

As @Vivid-Squid mentioned, the comments area is not accessible via API, so unless that gets a major revamp, this feature request will not come to fruition.

And as I mentioned above, you can build your own notification system in Airtable, so I don’t think that this will be a high priority for them.