1033 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeighAnnMoltz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I see several posts that are similar to my question, but I haven't been able to find the actual solution yet.  

I have a database of all our locations, and at any given time we have about 40 pending locations. I'd like to send an automated email to the listed manager each month asking for an update until the status is changed from pending to open.  

Some managers have multiple pending locations at one time so I'd like to only send one email per manager rather than multiple if there are several pending in their area. There's probably a few ways to do this, but for now I have a rollup column on a different table that breaks down by district all the pending locations.

Any thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Do you have a table of managers that is linked to their locations? If not, make one. Include a conditional rollup field that says if any of the manager's locations are pending.

In your scheduled automation, have a "Find Record" for each manager that has a pending location (based on the rollup field). Then have a repeating group based on the found records. Inside the repeating group, Use the "send email" action inside the repeating group.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Do you have a table of managers that is linked to their locations? If not, make one. Include a conditional rollup field that says if any of the manager's locations are pending.

In your scheduled automation, have a "Find Record" for each manager that has a pending location (based on the rollup field). Then have a repeating group based on the found records. Inside the repeating group, Use the "send email" action inside the repeating group.

LeighAnnMoltz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I do have that rollup set already. I think I set this up the way you recommended. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 1.02.41 PM.png

My concern is that it looks like it's sending to the "group" and not per individual. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 1.03.25 PM.png

How do I fix that? 

When configuring the “to” email address from the current list item, not the “Find records” result. 

LeighAnnMoltz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Oh my gosh ..... so obvious. Thank you!!!