938 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Townsen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’ve been using Airtable for a couple years and I’ve accumulated a lot (26 automations), and I can’t believe there is no way to manually sort (rearrange) the automations… Am I missing something, Airtable can you build this?!

6 Replies 6

It is currently not possible to manually rearrange the list of automations. A workaround is to duplicate automations (and then delete the originals) so that they end up in the desired order.

I’m a bit more curious about your statement that you’ve accumulated 26 automations. Is this all in one base or spread across multiple bases. My understanding is that there is a maximum of 25 automations per base.

I actually have 24 on recount. I have no idea there was a limit on pro account!!!

That sucks, they do NOT make that clear on the pricing page, nor do they make it clear about the 100 emails/day limit… I find this frustrating and deceptive.

Yeah, there are several limitations with Airtable’s Automations. There is also a limit on the number of runs per month — and if you exceed the runs, you can’t pay to get more runs in that month. (So your automations will be shut down until the following month.)

It sounds like you are depending heavily on automations, so the native automations might not be a good long-term fit for you. You might need to upgrade to a professional automation platform.

I’ve got most of my Airtable clients using Integromat, which is a professional automation platform with no limitations that I can think of. It is an advanced platform with full support for Airtable. And it’s free for up to 1,000 operations per month! Many of my clients aren’t even paying for it! :slightly_smiling_face:

However, there is a relatively steep learning curve with Integromat, because it’s so powerful and can do so many things. If you need any help with it & have a budget to hire a consultant, please feel free to reach out to me at my website scottworld.com.

I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code.

Dean_Arnold
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 for this feature. Without folder and sort control over automations, development is slowed down and mistakes get made.

Zapier is also lacking in this regard, but at least they auto sort alphabetically. So you can hack together a workable oganisation system by manually adding number or letter prefixes.

Just give us drag drop ordering or auto alpha-ordering :slightly_smiling_face: