cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharon_Visser
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I am sending an email through an automation action. Within the body of the email, I want to include an email address, but I don’t want it to be clickable - it’s just there as an FYI. Is there something I can do in the markup so the email address isn’t clickable?

Thanks all!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your input. I realize this is the opposite of what most people want. The hope was to have the recipient Reply to the email and taking away the link would have made it harder to create a new email, so then they would (hopefully) just Reply. Not a big deal, I was just curious if there might be some markup characters that tell it to ignore the link like you can do to ignore other formatting.

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7

This was actually a huge relief when they finally fixed the bug which prevented links from being clickable. Unclickable links were a huge pain point for a lot of people for a very long time.

Whenever you send an email from any program (not just Airtable), the links are always turned into clickable links. Not sure how you would prevent that from happening, but maybe there’s some way to do it.

Thanks for your input. I realize this is the opposite of what most people want. The hope was to have the recipient Reply to the email and taking away the link would have made it harder to create a new email, so then they would (hopefully) just Reply. Not a big deal, I was just curious if there might be some markup characters that tell it to ignore the link like you can do to ignore other formatting.

Hi Sharon. So why are you including the email in the body instead of saying “Just hit reply”? :grinning: Is the “from” email to which they could reply the same as the email you’re including in the body? The recipient would have it (as the FYI), if so.

Sorry if I misunderstood your original post.

Hi, we set up the Reply to email address in the automation, but the From: still includes “<noreply+automations@airtablemail.com” and I was concerned that recipients might think they can’t reply. So, I was including the statement, “Replies to this email will go to - and then the email address it will go to”. I suppose I could just include the Reply to person’s name instead of email address.

Most people won’t see that part if you include a “From” Name.

But if you’re still concerned about this, you could set up your automation to send via Gmail instead of Airtable (if your organization uses Gmail). Then, the “From email address” will be whatever your Gmail account is.

If your organization doesn’t use Gmail, then you could automate this through Integromat to send the email through ANY email service that you’d like. It could be Microsoft Outlook, MailGun, Mandrill, SendGrid, or just any random SMTP server using the Email module:

Hi Scott, we are using a “From Name” (Hinz Consulting Finance) but that noreply text still shows up - see attachment. Sample From Name

We use Outlook, so the Gmail option won’t work. I think I will look into Integromat.

Thanks!!

Ah yes, this definitely depends on what email client they’re using. For example, in Apple Mail, it only shows the “From Name” but not the “From Email Address”.

Yes, you can easily do this with Integromat — they have full support for Microsoft Outlook on this page:

p.s. If you have a budget for your project & you need help with Integromat, feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com. I am an expert Airtable consultant & Integromat Partner.