cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edward_Zev
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,
I know this question had been discussed several times, but I still couldn’t find a sufficient answer.
So, I have a form that collects client’s images that have names, ex clientimage.jpg
I want to rename the attachment so that name will include info from different fields.
For example
jobID_copies_clientname_originalname.jpg
where jobID,copies,clientname are fields.
and the result would be
6280_500_John_clientimage.jpg

Note. I have only one attachment in attachment field.

How this can be done?

3 Replies 3

You could do this with scripting, but the easiest no-code way to rename attachments would be to use an automation & integration tool like Integromat:

Just update the record with its own attachment URL again, but rename it to whatever you want.

There are an unlimited number of ways to accomplish this, but if you only have one attachment per attachment field, then it could be as simple as a 2-step scenario like this:

Edward_Zev

Thank you.
That one is obviously the best. However, for some reason it doesn’t display the thumbnails properly.
2021-12-25 10.00.50 pm

Zvi

Hi @Edward_Zev, I know it has been a while since you opened this issue, and I hope you already found a solution for it!
I came across the same issue a while ago trying to rename attachments based on record fields. And I didn’t find a simple way to do it in Airtable without digging into the script’s code or using third-party services - and I didn’t like giving others access to my data. So I created a (paid) extension to assist with renaming multiple attachments at once based on the records fields - all within Airtable itself without your data leaving their platform, ZekTec - Airtable Extensions, hope this can help anyone that is facing this in the future!
Oh, and the thumbnails work perfectly :winking_face: