608 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdings
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

In my automations under action types, I see that the run script option is not available. Two questions:

• What can scripts do? Are they for example capable of making HTTP requests? And what scripting language is supported?
  • Why is this action not available? All the way down the list there are a few integrations that are unavailable because I need to upgrade to pro or enterprise, as the icon clearly indicates. This doesn't seem to be the case for scripts?

• Scherm­afbeelding 2023-04-28 om 12.17.23.png
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

They should have put a little “Pro” tag there as well, because the run script automation action also requires a Pro account.

Yes, scripts can make HTTP requests.

You can also make HTTP requests by using Make’s HTTP module, DataFetcher, or the scripting extension. If you have more scripting or HTTP questions, there are lots of scripting & HTTP experts answering questions here.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

They should have put a little “Pro” tag there as well, because the run script automation action also requires a Pro account.

Yes, scripts can make HTTP requests.

You can also make HTTP requests by using Make’s HTTP module, DataFetcher, or the scripting extension. If you have more scripting or HTTP questions, there are lots of scripting & HTTP experts answering questions here.

It's in JavaScript + some Airtable specific functions.  Besides most of what you can do with JS, you'll be able to update records, find them, create them, delete them

Here's a link to the help docs for the run script action and here's a link to the developer docs for scripting in Airtable