Help

Re: Run the same script on a record create or record update?

Solved
Jump to Solution
223 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craibuc
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is there a way to share a script between a record-create automation and a record-update automation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Each script in each automation is considered a standalone script from Airtable's point of view, even if the code is exactly the same.

Here are some options:

- Manually copy and paste the script into both automations and manually keep any changes in sync. This is the method that I tend to use.

- Have three different automations. Have both the record-create automation and the record-update automation trigger a third automation that contains the script. This way the script is stored in only one place. However, I rarely use this method--it takes an additional automation slot; it takes extra automation runs, it requires an additional field to trigger the scripting automation, and it takes longer to run.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Each script in each automation is considered a standalone script from Airtable's point of view, even if the code is exactly the same.

Here are some options:

- Manually copy and paste the script into both automations and manually keep any changes in sync. This is the method that I tend to use.

- Have three different automations. Have both the record-create automation and the record-update automation trigger a third automation that contains the script. This way the script is stored in only one place. However, I rarely use this method--it takes an additional automation slot; it takes extra automation runs, it requires an additional field to trigger the scripting automation, and it takes longer to run.