Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: same primary column - diffrent tables

619 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eranggg
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have table A and table B.

When a record in table A is created, I have an automation that creates the same record in table B. However, the primary column in table B stays blank. How can I fill the primary column in table B with the primary column value of table A?

3 Replies 3
Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Are the 2 records linked? I have tables that use a formula to populate my primary field with the name in the linked field...

No, its not linked.

I work in property management company.

I want to have "tasks" table for general tasks and "faults" table for faults in the properties. When I create new record in the "faults" table i want it to create the same fault in the "tasks" table and if I change the status for that fault in the tasks table it will change the status in that record in the faults table as well.

Is it possible?

Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I'm sure there IS a way to do that, but I'm wondering if it might be more complicated than it needs to be? This could maybe be done in as little as 2 tables, allowing for a complete picture of everything that needs doing using views. This would prevent needing to duplicate records and potential errors. 

Threw this together as a quick example: https://airtable.com/appqpn8HdoLV8opeM/shriZx2HEdJYc2zcT