Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Seeking Advice on Organizing Creative Story Ideas in Airtable

Topic Labels: Automations Base design
55 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samuel67
1 - Visitor
1 - Visitor

Hi everyone, I’ve been using Airtable to organize my content for a horror story website, but I’m facing a bit of a challenge when it comes to categorizing different types of stories. Since I write a mix of horror and thriller, sometimes the themes overlap, and it’s tricky to create a clear tagging system to sort them efficiently. Has anyone here dealt with a similar issue when organizing creative content? Any suggestions on how to optimize categorization or create a flexible system for better content management would be a huge help! By the way, if you're into scary stories, feel free to check out what I’m working on. Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 Reply 1
gaomeile
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'd query for what purpose you need to categorize. Genre is a tricky one to bludgeon stories into a single select. Flexible approach would be a multi-select on the Genre field (Horror and Thriller). Tag field also Multi-select Campfire, Paranormal, Forest etc etc and make use of the filter "contains" to avoid too many tags. If you absolutely need a single select then name that field with the reason why e.g "Website Genre" if you don't want the story appearing twice in an automatic feed. 

With all stories in one table, it could be easier to organise to your workflow instead - Group records by Status field (Idea, Writing, Editing, Final) or Pub Status "Published, Unpublished" or set up a view on the Pub Date field to ensure you're setting content across the year. etc etc. Easier to set your data on clear fields. Genre is a subjective field that can muddle.