792 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deko
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Is it possible to send a weekly digest of all records created within that week? If so, how?

I was playing around with the automation, but I really don’t see the trigger I am looking for.

I am looking for FREE solutions, thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

To address possible confusion, this request can be interpreted in three ways:

1. All record that were created within the past 7 days (i.e. records created from 9/22/2021 - 9/28/2021, digest sent on 9/28) => Create a view filtered to where {Created Time} is within the past week
  2. All records that were created in the same calendar week as the day the digest goes out (i.e. records created from 9/26/2021 - 10/2/2021, digest sent on 10/2/2021) => Create a view filtered to where a formula field with the following formula is true:
IF(
   DATETIME_FORMAT(CREATED_TIME(), "YYYYWW") = DATETIME_FORMAT(TODAY(), "YYYYWW"), 
   "true", 
   "false"
)
  1. All records that were created in the calendar week before the digest goes out (i.e. records created from 9/26/2021 - 10/2/2021, digest sent on 10/3/2021) => Create a view filtered to where a formula field with the following formula is true:
IF(
   DATETIME_FORMAT(CREATED_TIME(), "YYYYWW") = DATETIME_FORMAT(TODAY(), "YYYYWW")-1, 
   "true", 
   "false"
)

For any of the above interpretations, you’d set the Automation to run at a scheduled time each week. Add a “Find records” step that filters records by the relevant View.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

To address possible confusion, this request can be interpreted in three ways:

1. All record that were created within the past 7 days (i.e. records created from 9/22/2021 - 9/28/2021, digest sent on 9/28) => Create a view filtered to where {Created Time} is within the past week
  2. All records that were created in the same calendar week as the day the digest goes out (i.e. records created from 9/26/2021 - 10/2/2021, digest sent on 10/2/2021) => Create a view filtered to where a formula field with the following formula is true:
IF(
   DATETIME_FORMAT(CREATED_TIME(), "YYYYWW") = DATETIME_FORMAT(TODAY(), "YYYYWW"), 
   "true", 
   "false"
)
  1. All records that were created in the calendar week before the digest goes out (i.e. records created from 9/26/2021 - 10/2/2021, digest sent on 10/3/2021) => Create a view filtered to where a formula field with the following formula is true:
IF(
   DATETIME_FORMAT(CREATED_TIME(), "YYYYWW") = DATETIME_FORMAT(TODAY(), "YYYYWW")-1, 
   "true", 
   "false"
)

For any of the above interpretations, you’d set the Automation to run at a scheduled time each week. Add a “Find records” step that filters records by the relevant View.

Thanks, I used the first one and it worked like a charm! After thinking about it, I skipped the email part as it was an unnecessary step.