4890 21
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faculty_Schedul
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is it possible to only complete an action based on the output of a previous action? I would like to run a script when a field is updated, but I want to send an email based on the output of the script. If the script runs and doesn’t find any conflicts I don’t want to send an email.

In this case I don’t really see a way to break out of an automation or send an email inside a script other than using outside API calls.

How would you accomplish this? Would Airtable throw errors if I just put in a blank email in the to: field so that the step is executed, but it doesn’t actually send to anyone?

21 Replies 21

Hey @ScottWorld unfortunately, I am kinda restricted in terms of budget - also not really a programmer which is making my life quite hard right now but i like a challenge (or so i tell myself). I am currently having a similar setup with Zapier but wanted to avoid 3rd party solutions actually, am tempted to just try triggering a simple send-email scenario with basic headers and copy from within the scripting block instead.

Thanks both for your help!!!

This is great stuff Bill. Thanks for adding this.

I would just to advocate for Google Apps Script. It is so nice to work with. There are only a few issues I have run into that make me scratch my head. I have to say I really love Google Apps Script they have a wonderful API that lets you do a ton of stuff. I’ve used it to create a form that automatically generates Google Forms based on user input with short link and QR Codes (from external API) automatically and sends out HTML emails letting people know when submissions have started.