Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arnaud-Paris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi There,

I have an issue using the Send email Automation,

I have created an automation to send an email that embeds a table that results from a query.

It works well except that my table embedded in the email include dates that are not sorted, and it is required that my table is sorted by dates.

Thanks

Arnaud

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable’s automations don’t let you sort records, but there is one secret trick to making this work.

When you find records by condition, the sort order is random & unpredictable.

However, when you find records by a view instead of a condition, the sort order should match the view in most cases.

You need to make sure that there is no grouping on the view, in order to make this work. If there is grouping on the view, the sort order will become random again.

However, Airtable has another major limitation with finding records, which is that you can’t have more than 100 records as the result of performing a find.

To avoid all of these limitations —  and for complete control over sorting your records whenever you need to sort them — you can always use Make’s Airtable automations instead of Airtable’s native automations.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. 

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld