649 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
insightautomate
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have an automation set up that sends an email (through gmail) based off a row.

I want to send this with an attachment where the attachment is the same for all users or it is provided as a lookup field based off a value.

i.e 

Option 1: Send all users the same attachment

Option 2: Depending on the value of a field send one of 3 attachments

However it seems that with the gmail automation we can only send attachments from an attachment field in the row. So I can't just choose the attachment or point it to a lookup field.

Are there any workarounds for this? I've considered Zapier/SendGrid as alternatives but would prefer not to.

3 Replies 3
benolayinka
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

this is a great question. attaching the same file in all emails would be really useful.

You could try creating a new table and placing the static attachments in there?  In your automation you'd put in a "Find Records" action that'll look for the appropriate record in the new table, and then you could use the attachment field value from the "Find Records" action in your email

One of the best and quickest ways of doing this is to create global fields (aka global variables) in Airtable to handle your attachments, so that your attachments are always accessible to all records in your base.

Airtable doesn’t natively support global fields, but you can simulate global fields on your own by taking the steps that I outline in this Airtable podcast episode:

https://youtu.be/qOsF3rYVcJk?list=PLqssva4liHRwHhQIpTXekG8WObEoyC2F1

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld