Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: set order by with automations are triggered

Solved
Jump to Solution
1241 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirkolando
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Airtable Community,

I have a base with different automations with the same trigger. I would like to set an order by with these automations are triggered.
For example, I would like Automation one to be triggered first. After automation 1, the automation 2 should start immediately.

the easiest would be, to just add another “Find records” and another Repeating Group in this automation. Unfortunately, its not possible to add anything behind a repeating group.

I Want specific phases and tasks for projects to be generated. Both needs to be linked to the project and the tasks should be linked to the phases. To do so, I need the phases to be created first (trigger=new project meets condition). After that, I need the tasks to be created and linked to the phases. When both automations start at the same time, some of the tasks are not properly linked because the phase was not created yet. (see Screenshot). 

mirkolando_0-1721724503286.pngmirkolando_1-1721724511257.png

Can anyone help me with this? 

Best

Mirko 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mirko,

If it did answer the question, could you mark it as solved to close the subject?

Thanks

Pascal

See Solution in Thread

8 Replies 8

Hmm, perhaps Record Templates might come in handy here? https://support.airtable.com/docs/using-record-templates-in-airtable

If not, may I know what problems you faced setting up the task creation automation to trigger when the phase record got created?

mirkolando
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @TheTimeSavingCo

thank you for your quick reply. 

I found a solution. I added a "count phases" column and triggered the second automation, when all phases are created. 

But i faced another problem.

Now i have all tasks linked to the phases. Every task has a start and a end date. i would like the start date of the phase, be the earliest start date of the linked tasks and the end date should be the latest end date. 

Any Ideas?

Best regards

Mirko  

Hello,

You can do this with rollup type fields:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1721727579919.png

Tickets in this example would be your task table and entry date would be your task start date.

For the phase end date rollup field, do the same using the "MAX" function.

Regards,

Pascal

mirkolando
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Pascal_Gallais- 

thats an awesome function. Never used it. Thank you very much!

Hi Mirko,

If it did answer the question, could you mark it as solved to close the subject?

Thanks

Pascal

mirkolando
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Pascal_Gallais- would it also be possible to do the same for the status of the phases? 

For example: if all the tasks are in status done, the phase should be in status done. When one of the tasks are "in progress" the others are in "to do" the status of the phase should be "in progress". 

Hello Mirko,

You can do it this way:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1721738545473.png

Field "satuses" is a rollup field:

Pascal_Gallais_1-1721738597762.png

Field Status is a formula :

IF(FIND("In Progress",statuses)>0,"In Progress",
IF(FIND("To Do",statuses)>0,"To Do",
IF(statuses="Done","Done"
)))

You could do it all in the Rollup field, but I find it easier to maintain when separated in to fields.

If you create dependencies for the phases and tasks, you can set up an automation to when any predecessor phase or task is changed to "Complete" then the successor phase/task is changed to "In Progress", or when all tasks under a phase are "Complete" then the phase is changed to "Complete".  In the pictures the "Asset" can be changed to "Phase" with the tasks linked to it and using a lookup field for status trigger.