Help

Re: Survey responses -> scores -> conditional feedback -> emails -> email reminders

640 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crack-a-job
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Airtable Rockstars,

I need some help with setting up my education business on airtable. The challenges we are facing are mentioned below (only in steps 3,4 and 5). Can someone help?

Steps we need to follow are as follows:

1. Collect survey responses: Done
  2. Get automatic scores via survey responses: Done
  3. Evaluate some subjective answers and give scores manually: partially done.
    • I have created the columns where the entries will be given. This needs to be turned into a kanban board which can be passed on in my todo list. I should be able to manually select from the options which we have pre-decided. Eg., L1, L2, L3 etc. Can someone help with the process for this?
  4. Send feedback basis manual scores entered in step 3.
    • Once step 3 is complete and submitted, a conditional email needs to be triggered which will have the feedback appended basis the conditions. This feedback needs to be saved somewhere on airtable and then conditionally picked up for inclusion in the email. How do I do this?
  5. If someone hasn't completed the next step, a reminder email needs to be sent after 24 hrs, 48 hrs etc. How do I do this in airtable?

Hashtags: automation, scheduled emails, kanban boards, conditional content in email

Thanks much!

Varun

4 Replies 4
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I'd be happy spend some time reviewing this with you.  Feel free to schedule some time with me.  Here is my Calendly link:  https://calendly.com/d/zt4-7p3-cdr/20-minute-help-meeting

bazfilmer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Step 3:

Kanban only supports single select or user fields, so you'll need to find a way to convey the "To-do" or "Done" status you're looking for through a single select field.

You could:

1) Make your rating (L1,L2,L3) a single select and then use that as the grouping for your kanban. This isn't great if you have multiple ratings to complete. Would probably need multiple kanbans to make sure nothing slips through

2) Use a formula field to determine if rating(s) haven't been completed, and use an automation triggered by updates to this formula field to update a single select field with something like "To-do" or "Done", which you use in your kanban to group. 

3) Create a user field which is assigned to you by an automation when a response has not been rated, and which is cleared by an automation when rating(s) are completed (not empty), and use that as your grouping in the kanban.

Personally would probably use #2.

Step 4:

You will have the single select field "To-do" or "Done" to reference in an automation with conditional trigger. Then just use "Send Email" action in automation and include feedback fields as necessary.

Step 5:

Do you mean if someone doesn't complete step 3 within 24hrs? 

Thank you for your detailed replies. Will try them and revert. As for the question of sending scheduled emails, yes! 

Thanks. Will give the suggestions a shot and revert.