1665 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshah72
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I want to create a table in my send email automation because there are several features that I want to put in the email and formatting as a table makes it easy to understand.

I tried creating a table using markdown and HTML but it isn't working.

3 Replies 3
Ron_Williams
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You can insert a table easily using the Find records action. You can set conditions or views of the records you want to include in the table. Then, when creating the email, click the +, "Find records", "Grid", and select the fields you want to include. If the table is the same every time, you could just create a "Master" record and "find" that each time with a record ID, or even create a new table with the variations and an ID number, tie the ID number to a customer, and customize the email that way.  There's multiple ways to do this but hopefully this get you headed the right direction.  

mshah72
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Ron_Williams Can you please elaborate on it more?

Ron_Williams
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@mshah72 Sure. Without more info on the features you want to include or their location, let's assume you have 2 tables-one for the customer and one for products with features. Create an automation that triggers by checking a checkbox  "send email" to that person. Then, use "Find Records" to create a list of the products.Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 2.36.05 PM.png

Next, add send an email. In the body, press the plus in the top right, and select "use data from(left side)"-"find records"-"Grid(right side)", then select the fields you want to include in the table. 

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 2.37.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 at 2.38.04 PM.png

This will place a table in the email body showing whatever fields you select from the found records. If the fields you want to show are all in the original table with the email, just use the find records and for the condition, use the record ID from the record that triggered the automation (the record ID in the first step).

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 2.38.13 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 at 2.38.28 PM.png

Let me know if you need any additional clarification.