cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wiloud
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,

I've been working on a project that involves making calls to the OpenAI GPT API from Airtable scripting. However, I've encountered a limitation that's been a significant hindrance in the progress of my project.

The issue lies with the execution time limit for scripts in Airtable, which is currently set at 30 seconds. In my project, I'm using OpenAI's GPT to generate text based on prompts, and the time it takes to make a request to the API and receive a response often exceeds this 30-second limit.

This becomes a significant issue especially when dealing with larger text inputs or outputs, as the processing time inherently increases. Network delays can also contribute to the problem, further extending the execution time.

Given the complex nature of language models and the extensive use cases they can cover, it's often necessary to allow for more processing time. The current limitation restricts the full utilization of these powerful APIs and hinders the creation of more complex and creative applications.

I wanted to bring up this issue to see if anyone else in the community has faced similar challenges, and if there are any potential workarounds or solutions. Additionally, I would like to request the Airtable team to consider increasing the script execution time limit or providing an option to do so for use cases like this.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.

1 Reply 1
Roy_Golan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am facing the same issue - the time limit might prevent us from choosing Airtable for our AI driven MVP