cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ella1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to transform my wide format data to narrow format. The data is input into wide format because I am using a softr form for employees to give feedback on how the production cycle went and it is much easier for them to fill out a form that transmits to a wide data format. However, for analysing the results and presenting feedback I want the data in narrow format. I am trying to create an automation to do this but it is not working and I have tried linked formulas but have not achieved the desired effect. In the wide data format, the different quality out comes are each a separate field and I need to transform this into a single select field in the narrow data format table. The numbers for each quality outcome must become quantities in the narrow format.Screenshot wide data.pngScreenshot qc results table.pngThe problems with the automation are: It triggers too fast and I get several empty records in the narrow format table so I have tried to delay the automation with a script but that does not work at all.

Also, sometimes the automation does work when there is only one quality condition to move to the other table. Therefore, I think my conditional logic is incorrect but I cannot find the options that I think would make it correct.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this giant problem! I really appreciate any responses!

Screenshotautomation1.pngScreenshot automation 2.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I think you can do this without conditionals actually!  You can just create an automation that will create one record per field in the "Production" table that you want to compile, and each "Create Record" action will set the "QC Result" field and the "Quantity" appropriately? 

If you could provide a link to an example base I could set up something for you real quick to get you started!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I think you can do this without conditionals actually!  You can just create an automation that will create one record per field in the "Production" table that you want to compile, and each "Create Record" action will set the "QC Result" field and the "Quantity" appropriately? 

If you could provide a link to an example base I could set up something for you real quick to get you started!

Thank you very much Adam @TheTimeSavingCo !

Although without the conditional logic, I ended up with many records generated where the Quantity field was empty, I then separated all the actions into individual automations and this worked very well.