cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustineC1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all, 

I'm trying to create an integration between Airtable and Typeform.

On typeform, when connecting with Airtable, I can select the base and the table but when I select the table, the matching fields do not appear. (whereas it appears for my other tables).

Do you know what can be the issue? 

Many thanks,

3 Replies 3
Ade345
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@JustineC1  I think this will be of help to you

Make sure the Airtable table you are trying to connect has at least one record in it. The Typeform integration requires the table to have data in order for the fields to populate in the mapping step.

Verify that the table you are trying to connect has the expected field types (text, number, date, etc). The Typeform integration has some limitations on which field types it supports.

Check if the table name contains any special characters or spaces. Sometimes this can cause issues with the integration. Try renaming the table to something more basic.

Log out of Airtable and Typeform, then log back in and try reconnecting the integration. This can help refresh the connection and make sure you connected the right Token on Airtable.

If it still doesn't work then I can help you out with it since I just completed a project using Typeform and Smartsuite.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@JustineC1 

It is usually advised to use Make’s TypeForm integrations for Airtable, which gives you much more control over integrating TypeForm with Airtable.

Typeform has several limitations when it comes to integrating with Airtable, but if you use Make, you can overcome those limitations. 

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread.

However, you may want to strongly consider switching away from TypeForm by using  Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable instead.

Fillout is 100x more powerful than TypeForm, it is 100% free, and it was built from the ground up to natively communicate with Airtable.

Fillout is the most powerful form builder available today for Airtable. It offers hundreds of features that TypeForm’s forms & Airtable’s forms don’t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records from a form, display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, dynamically & conditionally filter linked record fields by any values that you would like, perform math or other live calculations on your forms, accept payments on forms, create multi-page forms with conditional paths, create new linked records on a form, display as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachments), connect a single form to dozens of external apps simultaneously, limit the number of linked records that can be chosen, upload an unlimited amount of attachments simultaneously, add CAPTCHAs to your form, add choice matrixes to your forms, direct integration with hundreds of apps like Calendly & Google Maps on your forms, and so much more.

Hope this helps!

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

Hey there!

For the integration between Airtable and Typeform, if you're not seeing the matching fields after selecting the table, there might be a few issues to check:

• Field Types: Ensure that the fields in your Airtable table are supported by Typeform. Typeform may not recognize certain field types (e.g., formulas, rollups).
  • Field Names: Check for any special characters or leading/trailing spaces in your Airtable field names. These can sometimes cause issues with syncing.
  • Permissions: Verify that you have the correct permissions for both the Airtable base and the Typeform integration. Ensure the Airtable API key has full access.
  • Cache/Cookies: Try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that resolves the issue.