Help

Upcoming database upgrades. to improve our reliability at 03:30 UTC on Feb. 25 / 7:30pm PT on Feb. 24. Some users may briefly experience slow load times or error messages. Learn more here

Unable to add current year to numerical field inside automation

Topic Labels: Automations
185 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to create an automation that add the current year to a numerical field when a checkbox field is checked when a task is completed. To do so, I created a field “Current year” in which I used the formula “YEAR(TODAY())” and a numerical field “Year completed” to store it when the task is completed. I also have a “Status” filed for tasks.

I created an automation that look for updated records where the checkbox field is checked. I programmed two actions:
The first one changes the status of the record to “Complete”;
The second one adds the value of the “Current year” field to the “Year completed” one.

However, if the first action worked perfectly, the second one give nothing. I tried forcing the type of the “Current year” to be a numerical one by adding +0 but it doesn’t work either.

I would appreciate any help if someone else has already encountered this problem.

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Please post screenshots or a video of your automation setup.

Here are screenshots of the automation, the two fields I am using and the record fields after automation. The status has been correctly updated, but not the year field.

Screenshoot1
Screenshoot2
Screenshoot3
Screenshoot4

That should work! Maybe try re-testing the trigger and the action?

Yes it works now. I don’t understand why this wasn’t the case during my tests this morning! @ScottWorld thank you for your help.

Ha, that’s great! Who knows — Automations are a bit like entering the Twilight Zone. :winking_face: