737 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler_Jollymore
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So, I’m wanting to make an automation where when a new record is added, a custom ID is automatically assigned to that record that is prepended with a tag.

So for instance, when a new record is created, it will automatically get assigned an ID like “FR-[date][number]”. So if multiple records were created today, it would look like:

“FR-2022042601”
“FR-2022042602”
“FR-2022042603”

and so on.

not sure if this is possible, but any help would be immensely appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi @Tyler_Jollymore, I’ve thrown something together here

I ran with the assumption that you needed it to be 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. Do let me know if I made the wrong assumption as I’ve set it up to get the number of records created today in order to generate that number, and removing that functionality would save us one automation run

Could you duplicate the base and see whether that’s what you’re looking for?

(You’ll notice there’s an issue with a leading 0, but I can’t think of a way to solve that issue without script functionality unfortunately)

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi @Tyler_Jollymore, I’ve thrown something together here

I ran with the assumption that you needed it to be 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. Do let me know if I made the wrong assumption as I’ve set it up to get the number of records created today in order to generate that number, and removing that functionality would save us one automation run

Could you duplicate the base and see whether that’s what you’re looking for?

(You’ll notice there’s an issue with a leading 0, but I can’t think of a way to solve that issue without script functionality unfortunately)

looking at the base you made, it does seem like it will be what im looking for. I’m just trying to figure out the “formula” part from your table so that I can include it to mine. Also, will hiding the “created date” field affect the automation?

Ah, the formula’s just for changing the text display of the created date to look more like your example, which is in turn used by the automation.

re: hiding the “created date” field
Nah, hiding it won’t affect the automation