2251 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelly_Vorrasi1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm trying to put together an automation that will update a date field within a group based on a selected record in that group. I put together an automation that watched a view with only the main records and then pulled all the other records from that group into a list and then updated the record with that main record's date. However for some reason when I went to update the 2nd group with it's own automation, it started updating both. Is there an easier way to do this? 

Based on the image below, I want the date for CEE to go into all the CEE countries and the date for Benelux to go into all the Benelux countries. Update in groups.jpgupdating.jpg

find records.jpg
update records.jpg

3 Replies 3
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

You might consider changing the "Sub-Territory" field to "Link to other tables".
That way all dates can be changed by just doing a lookup.

Hadeenc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, there might be an easier and more reliable way to accomplish this without affecting other groups. It sounds like you are using a list to pull records from a group and then updating a date field based on the selected record. The issue might be related to how the automation is designed to handle records from different groups. Burger King Survey

1. Instead of using a list to pull records from the group, consider using a "Trigger" or "Button" as the automation's starting point. This way, the automation will only be triggered when you explicitly initiate it.
  2. Within the automation, use a condition or filter to make sure that the selected record belongs to the correct group before proceeding with the update. You can do this by checking some specific properties of the selected record, like a unique identifier or a specific field that indicates the group it belongs to.
+1, what Sho said is the best way to handle it