9296 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan_Hollow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am working on using an Airtable automation to assign topics to writers.

Step 1: Trigger

Step 2: Find records that meet the right criteria.

Step 3: Send an email with values from the found records as a grid.

Step 4: Update the records from step 2. I have a single select field “Emailed” that can be true or false. I’d like to update these values to True.

Step 4 is where I am having a problem. I do not see the possibility for selecting Record ID’s for the records found in step 2. Is there a workaround to this?

Thanks in advance.

23 Replies 23

Just wanted to say “thanks for the script!” I was able to modify it to update a text entry field for my company’s needs.

On2Air Actions allows you to update multiple records within automations.

It’s an easy setup then a script for automations is automatically generated for you. You’ll just add it to the Run a Script action in Automations.

This was so helpful! I just wanted a way to mark records as having been sent an email. Hopefully updating multiple records is coming soon!

Forums are amazing!

I just figured this out based on the solution provided by @CT3. Thank you for leading me down the right path!

I want to add to @CT3’s solution as I needed to figure out how to code the “Find Records” action into this solution and wanted to share what I did if anyone else is still or going to struggle with this topic of bulk updating records in Airtable Automations using a script.

Use the screenshot as reference and follow steps below.

In the scripting app:

1. Click the “add input variable” option on the left panel.
  2. Give the variable a name.
  3. Add the record id’s as a list from your find records action as a dynamic value by clicking the blue +.
  4. Replace .step2Records with your newly created input variable name.

Just to add, this is @CT3’s solution. I just wanted to provide further insight.

Thank you for this. I was struggling with the same issue. Your Script worked perfectly after defining the input.config as you stated.

Thank you! :grinning:

Thanks for this!

Can I ask how would it be with 2 variables, one of them being a date used as a timestamp hence going at the same place as the “true” in the example above?

Charles_Kirchof
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The easiest way is to create an automation that will update record when it enters a view. Then create a filter for your table that removes only the ones you want to update. Then remove that filter. The automation will then run. After that, delete the automation.

Hi,
can I kindly ask you to guide me how can I make that instead of checking the checkbox I will be able to add a value that was defined by Airtable automations in Input variables?

Hi there. I was struggling with a similar endeavour to clear checkboxes and your code did the job perfectly. Your help is the gift that keeps giving! Many, many thanks as I was going around in circles and this has put me on the path to learning more. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Shaun

Faith_Nte
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Use the “plus” sign to insert the “airtable record ID”, I’m not sure how this was generated but it includes the record ID of different rows.

The limitation here is that it only works when there is only one record per day. If you have multiple records it seems not to return an error.