Help

Update Record Received Invalid Inputs Record ID but the record ID is there and correct.

Topic Labels: Automations
865 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesyounger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a problem with my automation that connects a Google Sheets document to an Airtable master table, using the Airtable record ID as the primary key. Typically, this setup functions correctly around 70% of the time. However, occasionally, the automation fails, presenting an error message indicating that it has received "invalid inputs".

Upon investigating these errors, I've noticed that the record ID associated with the failure is valid, as I'm able to manually copy it and locate the corresponding record in the Airtable master table. This leads me to believe that the issue may not be with the IDs themselves.

I'm unsure about what might be causing these intermittent failures and would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions that could help me troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help!

jamesyounger_0-1690992333432.png

3 Replies 3

Hmm, could you expand the "Fields" section in the bottom right of the screenshot you provided, and provide a screenshot of those fields and the data there?

Could you also provide a screenshot of the table with the fields referenced in the screenshot above?

Perhaps the type of the fields does not match the type of data that's being placed in it?

jamesyounger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

jamesyounger_0-1691180259548.png

It is populating the single line text field with information from my google sheet. What is a real head scratcher is that it works 70% of the time and 30% of the time it doesn't work, but nothing changes with the data from the sheet. It seems like it cant find the record from the recordID @TheTimeSavingCo 

Hm, the screenshot looks like that automation ran when it didn't have any data.  Is it possible the automation's triggering on an empty row from Google Sheets?