1239 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matpes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I want to update my table based on info received from webhook. I see there's an option of finding a record and then using the record ID update that record. I can't figure out how to, for example, find a certain record based on the username I received from webhook.

Let's say there's a "Name" field in the table and "username" received from webhook. I want to match name with username and then update the rest of the table with some other info from webhook.

Thanks a lot for any help!

4 Replies 4

Is your webhook a native Airtable automation trigger?

What is the structure of the payload received? Do you have any control over the structure of the payload?

If the structure of the payload is simple enough, you might be able to do this using a no-code approach with a "Find Records” action followed by an “Update Record” action. Find records based on condition, and select a dynamic filter that compares the name with the username. If there is exactly one matching record you can use that record ID in you Update Records action.

If the structure of the payload is more complex, you might need a custom script.

This is exactly what I need! I tried this option before but I had a hard time realizing there was an option to dynamically choose string for conditioning (those dots are very hard to see). Thank you!

developer
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

hi nice to meet you.

now i want to do like this.

when wordpress database is updated or create new record , that data will be sent to airtable sync.

i have to do this without zapier or wpforms.

how to do that?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi! This is exactly the type of thing that I'm trying to do as well, but I'm getting a "No valid nested options" error.

Joel_Andrews1_0-1710938029764.png

I'm not sure if it's because the webhook from the source isn't formatted correctly, or if I'm doing something wrong in Airtable. The source of the webhook is from a knowledge base, and every article has an ID, which I track in Airtable as the unique ID. I'm trying to use the Find records step to find the article that matches, based on that unique ID, then update based on the values from the payload. I don't know how to use scripting, so I'm hoping there's a way to get around having to do that.

Thank you!!!