1752 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
E_K
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

My automation has to update the Currency field with the formula field value. The formula field contains a number formatted as currency.

When testing automation I receive an error message "Fields" could not be converted to a string that I can not figure out. The updated field is currency (which is basically the number in fact) and the source field is the number as well.

I will appreciate any ideas and hints on what's the problem and solution

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@E_K  - I think I see the problem.

Instead of using the 'List of records' (see your image "Document preview of Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 00.11.51.png")

Zack_S_0-1692924405343.png

Use 'Airtable record ID' from the 'Current item" data

Zack_S_1-1692924481599.png

I think this should work!

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi @E_K - This should work no problem for you. I also did a test to confirm it works. Could you provide some more detail or maybe screenshots to see errors you are getting within the automation? Also could you show screenshots of the fields you are using and the formula within the formula field.

E_K
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you @Zack_S, I attach screenshots of automation configuration and formula fields.

The automation should do the following: 

When the project status is "completed", it should find all records that are linked to this project in Billing table and have "Final" checkbox.

Then for every found record it should copy value from Price $ to Final Price $ and from Price € to Final Price €.

As seen from the screenshots, this last step generates error and does not do what is expected.

Zack_S
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@E_K  - I think I see the problem.

Instead of using the 'List of records' (see your image "Document preview of Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 00.11.51.png")

Zack_S_0-1692924405343.png

Use 'Airtable record ID' from the 'Current item" data

Zack_S_1-1692924481599.png

I think this should work!

E_K
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you @Zack_S, it works now flawlessly.

Very much appreciated your help.