1193 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex37
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I've searched and read related posts, but I'm still not seeing the exact same behavior.

I'm using webhooks to both create records and update records. The create records automation functions as expected and creates a record with invoice number, and other order data.

Now, as that order is updated (ex: ships, is delivered), it sends a second webhook, for which I have a second automation. I have a webhook triggering a "find records", but am unable to have it find records that match the condition of invoice number. If i try to select the matching record, it says, "no nested values available".

I have also tried to just skip the find records step and use the invoice number (which is the primary field) in the update records step, but that also doesn't work.

Error message in either instance is "received invalid inputs"

This doesn't seem like the proper functionality. Any advice?

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 11.52.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 11.53.13 AM.png

5 Replies 5

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. You might need to open a support ticket with support@airtable.com in case this is a problem on their end.

However, one thing to note is that Airtable only supports extremely limited types of webhooks being sent to Airtable, so it might be possible that your webhook for creating records might be structured differently than the webhook for updating records.

In the meantime, you may want to use Make's webhooks instead, which are infinitely more powerful than Airtable's webhooks. I give a few basic tips on using Make (and triggering webhooks) in this thread

Interesting, any chance you could provide access to an example base with the automation set up?  In theory what you mentioned should work and I'm curious what's going on as well

I tried sending the following into the webhook automation:

{
  "Company": "Airtable", 
  "Nested": {
    "Data": 
    "Test"
  }
}

And was able to select from the options without the "No nested values" thing coming up

Screen Recording 2023-05-04 at 1.50.11 PM.gif

Yeah, it's really bizarre. I'm unable to select that using Find Records. I CAN use them for create records...that's what's so odd.

Feeling like I'll solve it using Zapier or Make.

Weird.  For what it's worth, I was able to select said options within a Find Records action? 

Here's a link to the base in case it's useful.  Best of luck man

@alex37 wrote:

Yeah, it's really bizarre. I'm unable to select that using Find Records. I CAN use them for create records...that's what's so odd.

Feeling like I'll solve it using Zapier or Make.

Just my two cents: I used to be a Zapier user until I discovered Make. It is so much more powerful, so much more customizable, and significantly less expensive than Zapier. I love Make so much that I am now a Certified Make Partner! 🙂