Jump to Solution
533 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have been having problems with this for weeks now and cannot understand why my automation is not working. 

I work for a company that runs an appointment based service. I book the date it  is for and the status of it. When I put in the info, it is defaulted to "Booked". When the day AFTER the appointment comes, I want the system to find all record that match the given criteria (appointment yesterday, status booked) and update it to "Completed" 

I have tried a million different things but nothing is working. 

Noahbrown18_0-1713794369696.png

Here is what my configuration is.. Someone please help me understand what I am doing wrong..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Airtable doesn't let you update a group of records in one go per se. Instead you update one record, multiple times for each item in a list.

The update record action doesn't know its in a list, it just wants the id of a single record at a time. That's this field here.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 16.02.45.png

You have that field set to status when what it wants is the record id of the current item in the list. If you delete what is there you should be able to click the blue plus and see something similar to this.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 15.35.06.png

Select "Airtable record ID" under "Insert value from field" when you have "Current item from List of records" to trigger the "Update record" on each item in your list of records.

See Solution in Thread

14 Replies 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noahbrown18_0-1713794432274.png

For more reference this is my "find record" config

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

What does the testing error say on your update step?

The approach of using a find here won't scale if you get more than 100 appointments in a day.  The find is limited to 100 records returned.  

Instead, I would use a formula field to calculate when you are 1 day past the appointment date.  Then use a trigger of "when a record matches condition" where the condition includes appointment in the past formula.  This will ensure your automation will scale.  

You have the Record ID field set to the Status. It need to be the Record ID of current item in the list.

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

good catch @Jack_Manuel .  

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I am updating multiple records with this automation, how do I find multiple record ID's?

Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

You should see something like the image below because your "Update record" action is inside of a "Repeat for each in list of records"

This will repeat for each record in your records search

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 15.35.06.png

Where it says “Record ID”, you will need to get rid of what you have there.

Instead, click on the blue + sign, then choose "Current Item" on the left, then choose "Airtable Record ID" on the right.

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry, but I am still confused even with the help. I am trying to update the status of multiple records but I cannot get the record ID of these. I feel like I am missing something here. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You have posted the same question multiple times over the last few weeks. It is starting to feel like this might possibly be an AI robot trying to spam us here in the forums? I have given you the same answer every time you have posted the same question. I also posted a screenshot the last time I responded to you. Which part of my instructions above did you not understand? Please spell out which part of my instructions you did not understand, so I can clarify.