1933 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drew_Nemer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I posted in the ideas about my desire to have Page Designer integrated with the Interface Designer. I would like the employees at my company to be able to work within the Interface and generate letters for our clients through PDFs that are exported to the desktop.

I know there are so many third party solutions to document generation, but I was wondering if it is possible to create a script that would be activated by a button in the interface to generate a letter that will save to the users desktop using one of the third party solutions.

A click to download letter button.

2 Replies 2

There are several third party services that can create pdf files. Most can upload the pdf file to an attachment field. In order to get a file onto the user’s local computer, either the user would need to download it, or you would need to send it to a service that syncs files to the local computer, such as Dropbox. 

Scripting does not have the ability to write files to the local computer. 

Too bad.  I would like to use one of the third party services.  Not sure which is the most cost effective or user friendly.  But I would much prefer if any of these extensions would work within the Interface Designer as well.