433 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drew_Nemer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Does anyone have any suggestions or input they would like to offer to help me decide the best way to organize my companies new lobby base?

The project is tied to a sign in form (AirTable Form) for anyone coming into our lobby to sign in to.

This includes people coming in for appointments, dropping off documents, picking up documents, questions, status inquiries, speaking to a manager (escalated needs), and all the above.

We have multiple different departments in our company, so I have been thinking that we have two multi-select fields.

1. PURPOSE OF VISIT:

- Dropping off documents

- Picking up documents

- status inquiry

- OTHER

- scheduled meeting

1. REASON(S):  why the person is here today.  And that can be a long list.

Even though we have different departments in our company, there is a lot of overlap in terms of the services we provide and often there is a necessary need for multiple departments providing assistance in tandem with one client.

My main concerns are how to keep this base and form from becoming overly complicated with options and selection criteria.  However, I am coming from the standpoint that just saying you are here for an appointment doesn't really say much in terms of tracking--what kind of appointment.  Same goes with submitting or dropping off documents--what are you dropping off, not just to whom, but what are the contents.  

Our company is an affordable housing agency that provides rental voucher assistance, emergency financial aid, housing supports, and more.  As such, there are a lot of different situations people are coming into the office. 

1 Reply 1
ProsperSpark
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Drew,

Sounds like a fun project!  I would recommend using conditional formatting to make this as simple as possible.  Each question on a form has a toggle that says, "Show this question only when conditions are met." This will allow you to gather only the necessary information from your visitors. 

ProsperSpark_0-1702076819943.png

So in your example, if the reason for a visit is a scheduled meeting, you wouldn't have to ask them about their documents.  You could ask who the meeting is with and go from there.  

I'd be happy to brainstorm this more with you.  If you have questions - feel free to reach out. Prosperspark.com