cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katie_Schnolis1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All.

I’m so beyond frustrated with this, I think this is my last resort before leaving Airtable - a website I adore- when it works. I can’t find help on this anywhere. In the Social Media Planning + Design base, there are two Platforms or groups: Facebook and Instagram. I would like to SIMPLY ADD other social media platforms but I can’t for the life of me figure out how. I’m just trying to copy the bleeping things.
Copy! I can’t copy them. I’ve spent way too much time doing this. Does anyone on Earth know how?
Many thanks in advance.
Yours Frazzled,
Katie

3 Replies 3
Lindsey_Martin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the SAME ISSUE! Help!

For any SingleSelect or MultipleSelect field, in this case that’s your {Platform} field, you can add a new option by clicking the down arrow next to the field name and clicking “Customize field type”. Or, in any record just start typing something like ‘LinkedIn’ in that column and you should let you add a new option.

For your grouped view, you may find it useful to turn on ‘Show groups with no records’. You do that by going into your Group settings and clicking the eyeball icon to the right of that group.
Screenshot 2020-09-24 155642

I had to quit overnight and come back to it to figure it out but I DID!
Go to the Platform Column and right-click on it or click the drop-down button.
Customize Field Type. Add in whatever social media platforms you need.
Go to the plus sign under the last entry (say, your last Facebook entry at the top). Change the Platform drop-down name to Twitter or YouTube, etc. and it will automatically create a new box for you! You can also click the arrow to the left of the platform name and it will collapse everything so you can see a long or short list, depending on your preference.
I hope that helps!!
SocialAirtableExample|549x500