500 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpelaU
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi! I want to build RMA base and I'm struggling with the basics.. do I create one base with multiple tables or just one table? Can someone share their template which can help me build the structure?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If you're starting with one wide table, try to group related fields into separate entities (objects/events, for example). Maybe you have customer info (object), product info (object), orders info (event), RMA info (event), etc. All of these could warrant their own table. Not everything needs its own table but things you care about or might want to ask questions about in the future should have them. 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If you're starting with one wide table, try to group related fields into separate entities (objects/events, for example). Maybe you have customer info (object), product info (object), orders info (event), RMA info (event), etc. All of these could warrant their own table. Not everything needs its own table but things you care about or might want to ask questions about in the future should have them. 

SpelaU
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Great, thank you.